Saturday, February 23, 2008

One FAQ

One frequently asked question is why don’t make male butterfly people, I do, for example the boy listed here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8929957
Ive also made couples like the lovers in my previous blog, and today am working on a custom order of a same-sex male couple, and let me tell you, I know why I don’t make many males, its time consuming! Where a female would be soft and curved, easily flowing out of the polymer clay, the male form has to be bulky and bumpy, you actually have to add the muscles with seperate pieces of clay onto an armature to get muscle tone, Im working on two figures today, hope to be done within six hours, geeze!




On a side note, Achillea (AKA Morpho Maiden on etsy.com) sold today so I’m very happy!



toodles!

No comments: