Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Polymer Clay

 Yes, so it has been a while since I last touched the medium, after writing that blog about how the phthalates made my hands blah blah blah, well that particular condition it would appear is unrelated.  My body and I are working it out, in the meantime I got my hands into some super sculpey :-p
This figure was fun, she reminded me why clay is fun in the first place, because its being a child again, no sketches, no rules, just start molding.  I made her and then just posed her up as you can see in the pics below which are in chronological order, no plans, totally spontaneous thing that she is. 

It may seem odd but since almost losing my left eye, I have been wanting to sculpt eyes so, she has sculpted eyes.  I will paint them in after she is baked.






Her name is Bilitis because thats what I was watching while sculpting.

No comments: