Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The LUIS sculpture

Hello.
So I needed some good Christmas presents and what better way to gift someone than to make it with your own hands. That's just what I did with this LUIS sculpture. The sculpture was named so for the person it was for, I wanted to depict a strong male figure, confident and outgoing! These are the qualities I see in the real Luis. So I made a rather muscular male, and positioned him in what I consider a pose that exudes confidence in himself without being too arrogant. It began as a fleshy-colored beige and then i painted it GOLD for a more classical touch and shine. I didn't have all of my tools when making this piece so it is rather rough but that adds to the character of the piece and also to its testament of being hand made.




No comments: