Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cello Guitarist!

ONLY, and I mean ONLY a butterfly person could get away with playing a cello as a guitar, HAHA. Word has it that she found the instrument on the street and just began playing around with it. Check out this innovative musician. I’ve become addicted to Gold, I call it Gold intoxication, when you cant stop making pieces that are painted with GOLD or gold leaf or some sort of metallic finish. I love her, her wings are hand made from VERY thin polymer clay so they were such a DIFFICULT thing to keep on her even though they were baked first! They still warped in baking and had to be put back together several times but the final product was worth it, a complete work of art, encased in a 7” cube for eternal protection.


Playing her tunes across from Olafur Eliasson's waterfall.

Rockin' out with pottery

and peaceful paintings





Is it just me or are her wings flapping in the mirror? (the window to the other realm)

1 comment:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Fairy Gold Cello Guitarist!!!
Rules!!!

Long...long... long time ago.
I use to make with a different material, small clowns.

My sister kept some with her
I sold almost everything.

Mix Media is my passion
and there's a never ending of finding stuff around in Manhattan and Jersey...

Have a nice Weekend.

Sometimes I'm around Dumbo on weekends
Are you in Brooklyn?

Peace>