Friday, August 15, 2008

Solid GOLD Guitar


If you’ve been reading the blogs here, you will know I made a golden guitarist (playing the cello) not too long ago and actually loved her so much I contemplated keeping her (which is against the rules), well, I’m glad I let her go because she sold at Union Square on Wednesday to an amazing architect, and so yesterday I worked all day to create a new one. I painted her this morning and BEHOLD, beauty. What’s funny is I thought the first one would be my last musician because I didn’t even think I could make a guitar, the other figures instrument was a Christmas ornament but never doubt yourself because by God, one exists which I personally feel looks even better than the one I didn’t make, you can see how I made it below. So with an actual guitar in hand, this stoic beauty plays her chords peacefully in the nude.
Also, its worth mentioning this piece is nearly seven inches tall, much taller than the last one and much taller than any butterfly person I’ve made actually.





Check out the Guitar progression









1 comment:

David The Good said...

I adore this - it's beautiful.