Saturday, October 10, 2009

The acorn transformed into a pattern, ready for fashion

I wanted to make a pattern to paint onto some clay fabric which will be on the figure (yet to be made) so I took four of my polymer clay acorns (two with seeds, the other two without) and arranged them together.  Using a computer editing program I just tinkered with it, and got the images in the order below... when I got the one with the strands, I isolated a single image that I liked, lightened it, repeated it in a tile arrangement, and then have the final product which looks nothing like the original photo.  Its amazing and really cool, I see albino mice and orchids in the last picture, not acorns.  I will paint images inspired by this print on the clay covering of the next figure... cant wait to make it!

No comments: