Monday, September 19, 2011

white seated sculpture

Much could be said about this or nothing at all.
The figure is interesting, the pose invites you to walk around it and see whats going on, she looks content, serious, and yet at some angles angry or upset... is this Avril Lavigne? no, is she just a pissed off spaghetti head? maybe.

I really like this work, even with its lack o hands which bothers me since the time was taken to create toes then why not fingers, right? I will have to get into doing hands, I have been shying away since I cannot roll out the fingers like in polymer, AND it dries out so fast, I would have to do hands last.

I also need an x-acto knife.





2 comments:

Whydiss said...

how is this beauty going, I can't wait to see how she turns out. The missing hands compliments how she is trying to hide her face with her hair.

Pedro Ramirez said...

Hi.
She is done, I decided to leave her monochromatic as to not loose the "mood" of the work.