Friday, April 25, 2008

Some things are begun with the best intentions…


Hi everyone, The NYC inspirations campaign which I wrote about a month and some change ago has failed miserably. I don’t know if I just need to grow up and smell the coffee beans or keep my silly willy optimism and try and believe human beings really are not just selfish, material beings. I began this campaign with the intent of finding something I thought existed in NYC, I am very sad to say that I have failed and a little bruised at what occurred to me during this attempt. I was often spat in the face for what I was trying to do, and I didn’t find any artists creating art for the sake of art. True, the campaign may have been flawed due to its induction in the cold weather, but even after the spring arrived and the artists came out, they were mostly there for the MONEY, one artist did even outright rejected the butterfly person, she said that it was faceless and she didn’t want to carry it, she wanted money, I understand that, I also comprehend the fact that I am one little person in a big city and just most probably did not run into these souls which surely exist right? Nevertheless, after giving three of my inspirations to three musicians, and having one thrown back in my face, I decided to let someone who was deserving actually have the next three… I left them outside. Leaving the butterfly people outside in NYC usually means they disappear quickly, and I may never know who owns them, but surely fate is more capable of deciding who would be appreciative than I could ever be.

I still have one because I am still hopeful, and my next pursuit of inspiration shall not be foiled!

No comments: