Thursday, May 29, 2008

Giving Back

Polymer clay for the kiddies!
Today was such a blast teaching the small children at the art and music school of 11th street in Manhattan about polymer clay! The children were a diverse group of five year olds who were very intelligent, curious, and diverse!
Its interesting that the woman who met me at a street fair and asked me to come and visit said that she wanted me to come because all the art teachers and visitors the children had were women and that she wanted them to see a male making art... interesting. I cant believe that I have become like one of the figures in my own personal life that showed me art, its mind blowing and reminds me that I'm getting older.
The session which lasted about an hour started with me teaching the kids about the working properties of polymer clay, I then proceeded to make them a man which they requested. Each child got a few grams of polymer clay and everyone made their own special creation. It was so much fun, makes me want to teach little kids for a living.








Teachers interested in booking my clay teaching services can contact me anytime :)

No comments: