Friday, November 30, 2012

Guatemala Visit 2012

Its been two years and three months since I visited Guatemala and yet here I am in the same and rather large room contemplating the journey home. This trip was different in so many ways its astounding, but to be art specific, I have been moved to include some new imagery in the ceramic vessels and have drawn and written about the vessels themselves and am excited to see them move into a new and different area.  I have decided to get a real website and have several sections, in the about the art section I will do something of a breakdown of the various parts, which I have done on paper, perhaps it will just be an upload of such images, but basically its a seed pod on a base, with various elements each with a significance for me, for instance the quetzal always represented my first trip to Guatemala, now I am going to change this, its going to be some pre columbian imagery now that I have learned more about the history of this Country and seen how it affects present day.  I have always romanticised this country because for me it was a rediscovery of my childhood and nature and it gave me pleasure to do so.  I will by no means stop doing this, if anything I will amplify it.

No comments: