Friday, July 25, 2008

Changel


Change + Angel = Changel
The first picture is the original piece which I felt rather depressed about, so kitsch, so out of proportion, so undefined. So, I decided that before I bake her, I should take her apart, re-sculpt her, meaning take her clothes off, give her some more realistic features including actual elbows, knees, the cartoonish hands must become individual fingers, and toes, larger breasts, and a more protruding belly, she is not pregnant. The final result is a sculpture although masculine, is a feminine realization reminiscent of “The Thinker” by Auguste Rodin.

































































THE END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect example of why I am in love with your work! You have a way of portraying the female form that celebrates it without demanding that the form fit an idealized form. Your women are flawed and beautiful and real.