Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bejeweled beauty


Many months after my last bejeweled beauty was taken home by somebody, I have created another one, she is not blond as not to be confused with Britney Spears or anything. She is a very beautiful figure with her arms up as she pulls her hair up, pieces escape in the back though. With this particular creation, I did not place all of the stones on her separated evenly as I did before, I actually clustered them together which is nice, you can even have patterns going if you are very creative, but I settled for linking the stones with each other in little groups. Her wings are made out of polymer clay and are an earthy brown. Her base will also be painted brown for what I consider to be a very nice earth-tone piece. The only drawback is her foot, it got twisted in baking and had to be amputated, I am using liquid polymer clay to re-attach it in hopes it will come out straight. The drawback of polymer clay wings is that they are so thin that they warp in baking so if I re-bake her to make her foot straight, her wings may bend or droop. Anyway, click on the pic to see her big.