Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ideas... NYC sculpture?

Okay so I’ve been thinking about what to do for my next piece. I have pretty much brought into fruition some of the ideas that I had for butterfly people and now its time to go into uncharted territory. I want to make a narrative piece based on my life current. My life currently revolves around New York City and though its rather cliché to depict the city in a figure and have her be like the statue of liberty smoking a cigarette or something I want to do it anyway. Mine will be more of how I feel about the city though and Im just going to make what comes to me instantly whether it is a single woman, a homeless guy or a grouping of little people. I will begin it tonight so stay tuned, it wont be long before you can see it. I actually have decided to compile a list of words that remind me of the city that I will draw on for the piece so that is is not totally random. Those words are disorganization, egocentrism, and sanguine. Seemingly negative in context you would think I hate New York, no, I love it, I really do, but the chaos and self-centeredness that I see on a daily basis makes those words come to the forefront of my mind when thinking about NYC. I choose sanguine which is optimism to represent me infused in this madness.

No comments: